Healthy sleep plays a crucial role in the health of the child. Indeed, sleep enough hours promotes several areas of child development, both physical and cognitive level as linguistic and emotional level. It also limits the possible negative effects of sleep deprivation (hyperactivity, obesity, aggression, language delays, etc.)
Youth health begins before the movement, through the creation of a regular bedtime routine and a sleep quality!
Here are 5 practical tips to improve sleep of your children
- Encourage them to do physical activity during the day.
- Create regular and predictable routines at bedtime.
- Choose soothing activities (reading, discussion, etc.) in the late evening.
- Teach them to be autonomous in their sleep and praise them when they sleep alone.
- Limit distractions (noise, animals, etc.) and exposure to stimulating technology 30 minutes before bedtime.
Everything about sleep
The document "Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development" is a summary of the facts known about sleep and children. Bed sharing, parasomnia, interventions to manage sleep problems, etc., everything is popularized and demonstrates the vital role health sleep on the development of our children.
A little science
Young athletes who sleeps on average less than 8 hours per night are 1.7 times more likely to have had an injury, compared to athletes who sleeps more than 8 hours.